As a historian and community activist coupled with my academic background, I am asked to deliver keynotes and speeches and conduct workshops/trainings on diversity, equity, and inclusion issues. I typically speak on activism, community-building, intersectional activism, and movement building with a focus on gender, race, and sexuality issues.
Recent keynotes and lectures:
- “What is Intersectionality? Intersecting Identities, Intersecting Communities"
Fenwick and West, LLC., Mountain View, California
- “Belonging: Multiple Identities and Intersecting Communities"
Keynote, Leadership Conference, Cal State University, Monterey Bay, California
- “Transformative Giving Models to Fund Transformative LGBTQ Activism"
Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Funding Forward, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Stories of Belonging: Intersecting Identities and Interconnected Communities
University of California, Santa Cruz, California
- “Capacity Building for Effective Organizations and Alliances
Funders for LGBTQ Issues Grantmakers Retreat, Miami, Florida
- “Unifying Differences: Multiple Identities, Identity Politics, and Coalition Building"
Great Lakes Colleges Association, Allegheny College, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- “The Politics of Identity: Making the Connections on Race, Gender, and Sexuality Through Lesbian of Color Community Building"
California State University, Los Angeles, California
I believe coaching is a special partnership between the client and the coach. As a Certified Professional Coach, I facilitate a process that pays attention to individual culture, identity, and values to identify concerns, challenges, and goals. I have coached clients managing transitions in their personal and professional lives, as well as clients looking for support in making progress and taking action in their agenda. I would love to help you, too. Please contact me for a complimentary phone strategy session.
With over 20 years of experience in the nonprofit, philanthropic, and higher education sectors, I work with organizations needing help in the following areas: board governance and development, fundraising and resource development, leadership development, organizational development, project management, research and writing, and strategic planning.
Previous clients include:
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP)
- J. Paul Getty Information Institute
- Khmer Girls in Action